Infectious Clothing Company is now stocking scrub hats, printed scrubs (including Women's Christmas scrub tops) and we have new stock of our fantastic New Balance performance footwear for Men and Women. Our comfortable surgical scrub hats from Dickies and WonderWink are available in several medical colours and one size fits all. Scrub caps with fun printed designs will also be available for sale soon. Infectious Medical Uniforms - for Healthcare professionals with style.
Healthcare professionals have been telling us that they want to buy scrub hats for surgery and Infectious is proud to announce that scrub hats or caps are now available. Choose your scrub cap from one of our leading medical apparel brands Dickies or WonderWink. Both premium brands deliver scrub hats made of the highest quality fabrics and workmanship. This means you will be comfortable and your scrub hat will really go the distance before needing to be replaced.
Our number 1 scrubs brand, Dickies offers a stylish and great fitting scrub cap that features a soft terry cloth band, adjustable ties and the protection of Certainty antimicrobial fabric. Certainty is a revolutionary antimicrobial fabric technology that provides long-lasting freshness and reliable protection against unwanted bacteria. The 83566A from Dickies Medical is made from a premium 55% Cotton / 43% Polyester / 2% Spandex Poplin. Garments made from spandex give the wearer a great level of comfort.
CERTAINTY Antimicrobial Technology Fact Sheet
- Strategic Partners, Inc. (SPI) has developed the next generation of medical apparel featuring its CERTAINTYTM antimicrobial technology, which reduces, inhibits and minimizes the growth of bacteria on garments.
- The antimicrobial technology in CERTAINTY delivers silver ions to fabric surfaces and activates them in the presence of the undesirable bacteria.
How it works
- When the undesirable bacteria come into contact with CERTAINTY-treated fabrics, the growth of the bacteria is disrupted and the bacteria are continually reduced.
- Additionally, the treated fabrics help ensure that unpleasant odours, decay and discolouration don’t occur in fabrics by preventing bacteria from forming or growing.
Benefits of the technology
- On a daily basis, many healthcare professionals are exposed to unwanted bacteria on their clothing. CERTAINTY antimicrobial technology can provide more fabric protection on the scrubs, giving healthcare professionals the freedom to perform their duties in comfortable, fashion-inspired clothing.
CERTAINTY antimicrobial technology provides:
- Garment (fabric) protection
- Protects treated garments from incubating thousands of unwanted bacterial loads from a day’s work shift. o
- Fit protection
- Excessive bacteria loads in scrubs can lead to premature loss of scrub quality – antimicrobial treated scrubs are built to last and withstand the rigours of healthcare professionals.
- Protection against unpleasant odours and/or musky odour build-up
- Next, to fit, odour control is the second leading feature sought after in apparel and scrubs.
A trusted option
Silver ions are a trusted antimicrobial agent used for more than 2,000 years.
Among several key ingredient providers, Dow Chemical Company has successfully incorporated its SILVADUR™ technology into the CERTAINTY-treated fabrics.
Dow has performed extensive testing for skin sensitivity by testing the raw ingredient (which is required by the EPA) and the treated article, which showed no unwanted effects from the treatment at 7x the recommended level.
SILVADUR-treated uniforms are non-sensitizing and non-irritating to humans. The active ingredient in SILVADUR is essentially fixed to the textile surface and will not impact the good bacteria on the skin.
SILVADUR™ antimicrobial technology has been assessed as harmless to human health and added to the list of active chemical products by the International Oeko-Tex® Association.
SILVADUR is registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and its active ingredient is notified and supported under the EU BPD.
SILVADUR uses a unique polymer delivery system of silver ions at the surface of the fabric, where other silver technologies use a particle or nanoparticle approach. This provides better, more durable protection that is environmentally sustainable.
CERTAINTY is designed to stand up to real-life wear.
Check out this WonderWink solid scrub cap from the WonderWORK scrubs collection. This unisex back-tie cap is perfect for both professional men and woman in the healthcare field. Comfort features include a concealed elastic band and terry cloth sweatband that keeps your eyes clear and ready for the task at hand. One size fits all and there is a wide range of colours available that don't look out of place in the operating theatre and surgery.
Christmas Scrubs have landed
Printed Scrubs are now available featuring awesome Christmas designs. Our personal favourite is the "Fair Isle" Women's Christmas top that has a textured design and is made to look like a sweater. That's right now you can have a scrub top that can be in the running for "Ugly Christmas Sweater" Get in the spirit this year and wear Christmas scrubs to work over the holiday period.